John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum but need help !!! I was having an issue with my 2012 xuv 550 gator, I was pulling a large oak limb got it back to my barn and started removing the clutch cover off after removing the bed and left rear wheel boy what a job that was . I saw that the bolt in the secondary clutch had come out and was rubbing the case, I researched the torque spec for the secondary clutch that was stated to be 52 lbs., I started to tighten the bolt starting with 25 lbs with my clicker torque wrench and advanced it to 50lbs it did not reach the click but ignoring my own statement that " BETTER IS THE ENEMY OF GOOD" I snapped off the bolt off inside the splined shaft and I have not been able to get the secondary clutch off the remove the broken bolt. Would anyone have any idea how to get the secondary clutch to come off. I have tried tapping with a large rubber hammer and a large gear puller that I could only get 2 arms on and the bolt had to go thru the frame to press against the splined shaft with no progress at all . I am at a loss went to the JD dealer service department and they had no clue any help, I would be extremely greatful.

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
897 Posts
You mentioned a splined shaft. Where is that located? The secondary/driven clutch is on a smooth tapered shaft.

On mine the secondary clutch came off easily with some minor prying from behind. After over tightening the retaining bolt it's probably on there pretty hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll keep trying and prying and keep ya''ll updated I did not have access to a manual so thanks for the pic good thing it is a smooth shaft and not splined hopefully it will give it up and come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts