John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 40 hours I had the head gaskets replaced and at 70 hours the carb had "debris" in it. I use the same gas can and run ethenol free fuel. There was no debris in the fuel filter or gas tank. Got it back form the dealer and it runs fine , but how the heck did stuff get in the carb? Anyone else experiencing these problems with the vangaurd motor? I love the machine, but am concerned about its future if I'm having these issues so early.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated .
Regards, Tom
Sennett ,NY

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a 550 S4 and it has had carb problem once and we had to take it apart and clean it. Real easy to get to. These 550s are notorious for the carbs gumming up real easy. So if it sits up for anytime it will happen.

Install a fuel valve on the incoming fuel line. When going to park it for a while, turn the gas off and burn all gas out of the carb. That's what I have been told.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a 2012 625i that the heads had to be replaced at 100 hrs. JD took care of the problem. They felt it was a fuel issue with thoughts of bad gas or diesel may have mistakenly added. I'm certain that diesel wasn't added.

I was having problems with it running correct. So I traded it in for a 855d a few weeks ago and I'm tickled with the upgrade! I have been a ton of trouble with small engines with the ethanol situation. So I went with the diesel.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use a gas additive to try and stop the problems Ethonal causes. I read that Ethonal causes a LOT of problems with small engines. I understand that the government has a 15% rule so it's hard to find Ethanol free gasoline. I'm not too sure that even if they say it's Ethonol free with Government requirements I'd still be afraid of not using an additive.
Ethanol Laws and Incentives

State and federal governments enact laws and provide incentives to help build and maintain a market for ethanol fuel and vehicles. The use of ethanol is required by the federal Renewable Fuel Standard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.