John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retired in NC> My name is Jim and I now have 9.5 hours on my new gator. After reading the posts about the shifting problems, I have to agree, I have to shut it off to shift (minor inconvenience) But, I have horse trails and several dry creek bed crossings that are VERY steep and short, the gator in 4 wheel low walks up and down these obstacles without even a hiccup. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome ! I live in NC too.

I just have 5 hrs on my 825i and getting ready to change the oil. I also invested in some ethanol free gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
welcome jim, I have a new 550 that I got in april. I had to take it in due to the same shifting problems. they said they had to adjust the shift cables. got it home and they did cure the problem for the most part. I recently noticed that the rear diff wont lock in. thats no biggie to me as I really don't need it or use it. I think they never really got it right and it took me this long to catch it. other than that, I drive mine most every day it has 145 hours and doing great. good luck with yours

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome

Although my 550 is not a toy, it works very well for me and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum JIM!!!!!!!! Congrats on the 550!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts