John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. We'll start off with a hello to everyone. I've been reading the forum for a while but never posted. That obviously changes today...lol. The reason I'm posting is I have a problem with my Gator. I've searched the forum up one side and down the other and never found anything addressing the issue(s) I'm having.

1. How the heck do you get the battery out from under the seat?

2. My fuel pump stopped coming on when I turn the key so now it won't start. Ideas?

Appreciate any help you guys can give!

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
New member here. We'll start off with a hello to everyone. I've been reading the forum for a while but never posted. That obviously changes today...lol. The reason I'm posting is I have a problem with my Gator. I've searched the forum up one side and down the other and never found anything addressing the issue(s) I'm having.

1. How the heck do you get the battery out from under the seat?

2. My fuel pump stopped coming on when I turn the key so now it won't start. Ideas?

Appreciate any help you guys can give!

Here is a link to the Operators Manual for the 850i RSX.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMM172509_19/?tM=

Screenshot from Manual on removing the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Brad. But when I tilt my seat forward, the "hole" under the seat is barely big enough for me to get my hands through...much less lift a battery up through. And it DEFINITELY isn't near as open as the pic you posted from the manual.

I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
There are a variety of tools to help grip the battery. Perhaps a quick google search will uncover the model that will work in your situation.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove the side trim it has torx screws, in floor and side panel easy access to battery.

Finally. Some useful advice. Thank you sir. Job is done btw.

I also removed the small panel below the seat and above the battery. Doing that and just removing the top screws that hold the side panel on allowed enough room to snake the battery out the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts