John Deere Gator Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi MBDiagman....i also have same clutch problem occuring on a 2014 550 gator. How do i contact you to discuss and make arrangement for tuning work? I am in Michigan..thanks, JohnHo.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Hi MBDiagman....i also have same clutch problem occuring on a 2014 550 gator. How do i contact you to discuss and make arrangement for tuning work? I am in Michigan..thanks, JohnHo.

PM Sent

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
So I ordered the JD tool to remove the clutch. Anyone around here still willing/able to tune one properly? Thanks.

PM Sent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Dane! I am very pleased that my clutch work transformed your machine into a completely reliable and usable tool. I have done a number of clutches including yours and to date have a 100% success rate.

Without a properly hand fitted clutch or being lucky enough to have a usable factory clutch, these machines can easily fall victim to expen$ive transmission problems and turn into nothing more than expensive and bulky paper weights. I have developed the setup and understanding for producing bullet proof 550, 825 and 855 clutches.
New to forum. Having trouble with my 2012 XUV 550 shifting once warm. Have to shut off the engine, shift from forward to reverse (or vice-versa) then restart. How much for a rebuilt clutch that can fix my problem? I can send in mine once exchanged because I can't be down that long. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Thanks Dane! I am very pleased that my clutch work transformed your machine into a completely reliable and usable tool. I have done a number of clutches including yours and to date have a 100% success rate.

Without a properly hand fitted clutch or being lucky enough to have a usable factory clutch, these machines can easily fall victim to expen$ive transmission problems and turn into nothing more than expensive and bulky paper weights. I have developed the setup and understanding for producing bullet proof 550, 825 and 855 clutches.
New to forum. Having trouble with my 2012 XUV 550 shifting once warm. Have to shut off the engine, shift from forward to reverse (or vice-versa) then restart. How much for a rebuilt clutch that can fix my problem? I can send in mine once exchanged because I can't be down that long. Thanks.

PM Sent- contact JD Clutch Doc(MBDiagMan and Bradhill)for further information: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello,
I have a 550 4x4 two row 2012 model and it never shifted properly but I dealt with it (ignored it). A kid got on it and couldn't get it to shift and think he got rough with it - now the shift lever and four wheel drive lever move free, but the machine is stuck in reverse. Would this be the primary clutch issue you are quoting?

rgds,
Eric S

[email protected]

61 - 80 of 88 Posts