John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these exist from JD or anywhere for that matter? Went by local dealer and no luck, but did manage to get a couple printouts on the clutches. Got it used with 160 hrs after bro in law passed away knowing it had been setting up for quite some time and would not shift correctly- figured rollers in clutch, but first tried adjusting idle lower and spraying clutches with dry graphite. It did help a little but not a complete fix. Before going any deeper, it began to “surge” on idle but would run ok once throttle opened up more. (Suspecting Low speed jets) Removed carb, soaked, cleaned, new gaskets, new fuel, lines, filters, and it cranked right off the bat. Now I can’t get the freaking thing to idle down. I can touch the governor linkage with the slightest bit of pressure, and it comes down appropriately. Does the governor ever need adjusting? What is the obvious thing I missed?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
With respect to manual.
Use the following link and your serial number to ID the proper documents. Find the Manual number and search for a supplier. JD Manuals

You might want to search the 873,432 posts on sticking clutch, hard shifting, etc. posts on here for a solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts