John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 825i with a deluxe cab. Earlier this spring the drive belt blew apart. Replaced the belt and cleaned the clutches and blew them out with a compressor. It runs great, plenty of speed and power but I have loud growl coming from the rear of the machine, not sure from where. Don’t know where to begin to find the problem. I feel like it is a clutch but don’t know which one or how to check.

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
I have a 2015 825i with a deluxe cab. Earlier this spring the drive belt blew apart. Replaced the belt and cleaned the clutches and blew them out with a compressor. It runs great, plenty of speed and power but I have loud growl coming from the rear of the machine, not sure from where. Don’t know where to begin to find the problem. I feel like it is a clutch but don’t know which one or how to check.
Suggest you check CV joints, transmission fluid, brakes etc. Can you safely lift all four corners and place the Gator on Jack stands and run the Gator in gear with the help of someone? This will help you pinpoint the area of concern.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suggest you check CV joints, transmission fluid, brakes etc. Can you safely lift all four corners and place the Gator on Jack stands and run the Gator in gear with the help of someone? This will help you pinpoint the area of concern.
Going to try that tomorrow. If need be I will get a clutch puller and send it in. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

Going to try that tomorrow. If need be I will get a clutch puller and send it in. Thanks.
Found this in the secondary clutch. Not sure how to fix but pretty sure this isn’t right.

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Reactions: jd772

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks like a new secondary is a likely option. Might find the individual parts cost more than the assembly.

Might want to check some of the supporting vendors and their discount codes to save a few $’s.

Good luck and post back how it is resolved.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put on a new secondary clutch and a new belt today. Now it idles so fast I can’t get it in and out of gear. Don’t know if the belt needs to work in or what. Before it idled about 1200 rpms now around 4000. Starting to think I should have bought a Polaris

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It’s safe to say the secondary didn’t cause the idle to go up.

Hopefully the root cause will be easy to find and inexpensive to repair.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After checking this morning I found out that it was just stupidity on my part. I had moved the throttle cable out of the way while working on the clutch and forgot to move it back. Everything works great now. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
After checking this morning I found out that it was just stupidity on my part. I had moved the throttle cable out of the way while working on the clutch and forgot to move it back. Everything works great now. Thanks for the help.
Thank you for posting your resolution!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts