John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 825i and while driving when I let off the accelerator it wants to jerk and buck. Also I notice a loud growl. It has the deluxe cab which makes the growl sound loud. When I accelerate it runs great other than the growl. The jerking and bucking hasnt always been this bad. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
I have a 2015 825i and while driving when I let off the accelerator it wants to jerk and buck. Also I notice a loud growl. It has the deluxe cab which makes the growl sound loud. When I accelerate it runs great other than the growl. The jerking and bucking hasnt always been this bad. Any ideas?
Have checked the CVT belt and throughly cleaned both clutch’s with hot soapy water followed by compressed air?

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
First remove the CVT intake and outer clutch cover, you can clean with the clutch‘s in place although I prefer to remove both clutch‘s. If you remove the clutch’s you will need a clutch puller tool for the primary. If you do a search you can determine the correct type of tool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First remove the CVT intake and outer clutch cover, you can clean with the clutch‘s in place although I prefer to remove both clutch‘s. If you remove the clutch’s you will need a clutch puller tool for the primary. If you do a search you can determine the correct type of tool.
What is the purpose of removing and cleaning the clutches. Is it the belt sticking or something else.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
What is the purpose of removing and cleaning the clutches. Is it the belt sticking or something else.
Cleaning clutch’s should be done periodically to remove dirt and grime, which can cause clutch‘s to fail If not done. You should also be aware there an inherent issue with the Primary Clutch sticking which cleaning alone can not remedy. Also do not use ANY lubricants on either of the clutch’s in an attempt to eliminate sticking, doing so will only collect more dirt and grime.

If cleaning does not help, it’s likely time to have the Primary Clutch serviced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cleaning clutch’s should be done periodically to remove dirt and grime, which can cause clutch‘s to fail If not done. You should also be aware there an inherent issue with the Primary Clutch sticking which cleaning alone can not remedy. Also do not use ANY lubricants on either of the clutch’s in an attempt to eliminate sticking, doing so will only collect more dirt and grime.

If cleaning does not help, it’s likely time to have the Primary Clutch serviced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the primary cover off and blew everything out with air hose and reassembled. Seems to have helped the jerking. Still have the growling sound in the front.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Do you recommend hosing out both clutches and the blowing them out with a air compressor

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Do you recommend hosing out both clutches and the blowing them out with a air compressor
Yes both clutch’s can get gunked up pretty easily

1 - 11 of 11 Posts