John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife took her friends for a ride around our subdivision. Gator was perfect. She got home and killed it. I went back out a couple of days later to take it for a spin and NOTHING when I turn the key. No clicking, nothing. I thought maybe the battery was dead. So i tried to jump it using my truck and still nothing. Lights come on and the milage gauge lights up but the engine does nothing.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Bad ground. Safety interlock issue. Bad battery. Bad starter bad fuse. Or anything else limiting high current to flow.

Are you handy with a voltmeter? This can help if something more serious.

At minimum disconnect and clean the battery posts and inside of terminals with wire brush made for such tasks. Have battery load tested at your favorite parts store. Reassemble and try again. Maybe jiggle shifter or anything else that needs to be engaged or in a certain position when starting. Also verify fuse integrity

I think the owners manual has a simple troubleshooting section that might list a few more things to check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad ground. Safety interlock issue. Bad battery. Bad starter bad fuse. Or anything else limiting high current to flow.

Are you handy with a voltmeter? This can help if something more serious.

At minimum disconnect and clean the battery posts and inside of terminals with wire brush made for such tasks. Have battery load tested at your favorite parts store. Reassemble and try again. Maybe jiggle shifter or anything else that needs to be engaged or in a certain position when starting. Also verify fuse integrity

I think the owners manual has a simple troubleshooting section that might list a few more things to check.
I don't have a clue. LOL, I was thinking the relay switch was bad , because the battery always seemed strong before and the lights are lighting up bright. Also., Shouldn't it crank up or at least spin when I had the jumper cables on it and trying to start with my PU Truck??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts