John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 625i that will intermittently spew out a massive white cloud of smoke and then stall. By massive, I mean it fills my entire 3 car garage full of it. The engine never dies but it will lose all power. Radiator looks full. Oil is right at the top fill line on the dipstick.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
I have a 2016 625i that will intermittently spew out a massive white cloud of smoke and then stall. By massive, I mean it fills my entire 3 car garage full of it. The engine never dies but it will lose all power. Radiator looks full. Oil is right at the top fill line on the dipstick.
Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum Natep !!

Curious what octane of fuel do you use in your 625i? Does the oil on the dipstick smell of fuel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It smells like fuel a little bit and seems a little thin. I use straight 89 in it without ethanol.

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
It smells like fuel a little bit and seems a little thin. I use straight 89 in it without ethanol.
Have you tried to use fuel injector cleaning additive in the fuel tank? How often is the Gator operated daily, weekly, monthly?

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
I changed the oil and it seemed to have quit.

Great news! Keep us posted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how the fuel is getting into the oil though. This might just be a temp fix to a larger problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts