John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy 2016 XUV 590I but can't seem to find any real reviews on the machine. Can anyone provide some feedback on the machine and/or post any links for reviews. I see that they say it can do 45+. Is that true? Have they fixed all the issues that the 550's had? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well it's not the same machine as the XUV 550. Yes it sits on the same frame and has basically the same appearance, but the power plant is different. The clutching and engine were set up by Chery (who makes the engine). SO far i am hearing rave reviews from my customers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine a few months ago and it's a great machine. It definitely has more power than the 550's and has gone any place I've needed it to go. I have had it at 44-45 mph but haven't really tried to top it out anywhere passed that yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Two Months

I am looking to buy 2016 XUV 590I but can't seem to find any real reviews on the machine. Can anyone provide some feedback on the machine and/or post any links for reviews. I see that they say it can do 45+. Is that true? Have they fixed all the issues that the 550's had? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Had mine about 2 months now and cannot complain. Had the 550 and had some problems with it, everything changed over to the 590 as far as the extras go so that was good. Runs 50-52 mph and handle well. 35 or so is about right. I will use it for moving snow this winter if it ever snows. LOL The 550 did good at that so I am sure the 590 will also. Fuel injection and water cooled made my mind up on the 590. I looked at other brands but they were a lot more money. I am pleased so far. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
590i is Good Machine

I had the 550 and was really unimpressed with the lack of power and the 28 MPH top end speed. I traded it in on a 2016 590i and do not regret it. It's a whole new machine. Plenty of power and top speed of 50+. I go everywhere with it, across shallow streams, through swamps, up and down steep Georgia hills, in pursuit of whitetail deer and wild hogs. Hunting is my passion and this machine fits the bill. I already have over 800 miles on it with absolutely no issues or complaints.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 590i on Wednesday. I searched 3 states, from Ft. Smith Ar to Rhome Tx To Checotah Ok, Muskogee Ok then back to Ft. Smith. No dealer had a base model w/a top in stock so I had the local dealer order one. I had been comparing the 825i to the 590i and for what I & the better 1/2 will do the 590i should suffice. I like the bigger bed & more payload on the 825i but for the $2500.00 price difference I went with the 590i. It'll be used mostly for farm use, hauling horse feed, saddles & tack, rocks, limbs/sticks & a sprayer to spray the fence line & weeds in the pasture. I don't like the way the clutch engages on the one I test drove, too many rpm for my liking to get going but from some research I've done on the Chery engine it's a dependable unit so we'll see how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts