John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought an Olive Sport model from the local JD dealership. My previous machine had ITP mud lite XTR tires and i absolutely loved them. The only sizes that i can find for a 14" rim are 27"s which is fine by me, but the salesman seemed concerned about clearance. It looks like they should clear fine to me, but only having driven the machine around the parking lot, i dont have much first-hand experience to go by. Will i run into any problems? I dont wanna spend the dough if it aint gonna work, but i honestly cant see another 1/2 inch causing any problems.

Also, ive heard rumors of another PIP on the way. Any truth to this?
Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
904 Posts
The only PiPs that I know about are the fuel line and door stricker, which should already be fixed. I will put my ear to the ground about another one.

As far as tires, you can clear up to a 30" tire. I have seen one on 30" silverbacks, one on 30" intercos, and mine on 29.5 outlaw 2s.

Here is the 30" Intercos.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a pip coming out for the oil filters that are leaking and could cause a fire. Letters were sent out to the customers allready, If you haven't gotten one i would check with your dealer on this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is one on transmission adjustment and shifter, broke mine clean off!

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is one on transmission adjustment and shifter, broke mine clean off!
There is one PIP that includes 3 fixes - oil fitler replacement, shift lever replacement, and park brake pedal replacement. The oil filter is the portion that caused the "stop use" letter. Your dealer had permission to do the filter replacement early to get you running or to sell a machine. The other parts took a bit longer to get together are just fixes of known issues that the company wanted to take care of since they'd be in your machine anyway for the filter. So, some folks will get all 3 at once, some others got the filter first to get them running and will get the other parts soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmm they never mentioned the oil filter, I'll have to talk with the service manager and make sure it was covered, I'm assuming any recalls in the US will be the same in Canada.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I will back up Iceracer's comment. My dealer was at the show in Florida and that is the exact info he gave me. As soon as they get the goodies in for that I am taking mine in to get everything done and a free oil change!!!!!

Hey pyro.......have you installed any tires yet???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm they never mentioned the oil filter, I'll have to talk with the service manager and make sure it was covered, I'm assuming any recalls in the US will be the same in Canada.
US and Canada will get the same improvements. Not sure about the Canadian government requirements for communnications, etc. Might be a bit different path to the same end result.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Simple phone call, they have been great with everything else, no reason to suspect that this hasn't or won't be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts