John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some new tread well not brand new.
Need to buy some 12" RSX rims.
If anyone knows where I can get some cheap steel ones, let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very Nice

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't know if 12" rims will fit on the RSX.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got some base model RSX wheels, they are 12" about 30 bucks from my JD dealer. Get lug nuts also if you decide to get the ones from Deere, they are different also.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am running 29.5 outlaw 2s on stock suspension set from the dealer. I installed the tires after I got the gator home. I know a guy here running 30" interco tractor tread looking tires. There is a guy in Florida that is running 30" backs on stock suspension.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So any of you running the larger than stock tires...........
Any concerns with a loss of power from the affected overall gear ration change?
A buddy has a RZR 800S and he went from 26's to 28's and he has seen a big loss in power. Now saying that, he also went with a wider tire than stock and went with big tires on the front too. 28-12's I think.

From what I have been reading on here, is that the 850 RSX will take 30's as long as the fronts stay ay 9" wide and the rears at 11"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm running 15" MSX wheels with BFG 215/75R T/A KM2 tires. It's a great setup for racing off road, mud and whatever you throw at them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd love some 29.5 Outlaws, but theyre on backorder for the next couple of months. Thinking about going with some ITP Mega Mayhems. I have a couple buddies that run them on their Rhinos and Rangers, they seem to pull good. I've always had luck when ordering from ITP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Outlaw 29.5 10 12". Don't fit can't turn.

Not good new wheels
Outlaws in front lock up Tred is to big to turn f.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those are a wide set of tires. Thing looks mean, too bad they didn't work out.

·
Registered
904 Posts
So any of you running the larger than stock tires...........
Any concerns with a loss of power from the affected overall gear ration change?
A buddy has a RZR 800S and he went from 26's to 28's and he has seen a big loss in power. Now saying that, he also went with a wider tire than stock and went with big tires on the front too. 28-12's I think.

From what I have been reading on here, is that the 850 RSX will take 30's as long as the fronts stay ay 9" wide and the rears at 11"
No problems here and I am running 29.5 Outlaw 2s at stock widths. The RSX will throw rooster tails easily. First time I rode with the laws, I pulled a Jeep Grand Cherokee out 3 times.

I'm running 15" MSX wheels with BFG 215/75R T/A KM2 tires. It's a great setup for racing off road, mud and whatever you throw at them.
NICE!!!!! Gotta see pics of that beast!!!!!!

I'd love some 29.5 Outlaws, but theyre on backorder for the next couple of months. Thinking about going with some ITP Mega Mayhems. I have a couple buddies that run them on their Rhinos and Rangers, they seem to pull good. I've always had luck when ordering from ITP.
29.5 Outlaws or Outlaw 2s on backorder. Outlaw 2s almost always stay on back order.

Not good new wheels
Outlaws in front lock up Tred is to big to turn f.
I hate to hear that. I don't know about the 29.5 Outlaws cause I have only ran the Outlaw 2s. It might be because they are so wide.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is any one running wheel spacers in these machines? I have seen some offered I wonder if there would be any problems running them? or if it would cause any damage?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I always try to stay away from wheel spacers because of the added stress on the CV axles especially with a tire like the Outlaw or Silverback on it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good for stability, but like Bwd said, not so good with aggressive tires. I have not heard of anyone running any yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts