John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
we have a couple of 4x2's, and one of them has a power issue. When you push the accelerator it kind of starts going, it seems to help if I double tap it, and will go up to a few mph, but if youre on any sort of incline it has hardly any power. It also does not reach high speed, I havent checked gps speed yet but my guess would be around 7-9 mph, pedal is about halfway down at this point. If I push it further it bogs and feels almost as if it slows down. Belt is new. This is my gameplan for tomorrow, just wondering if im missing anything. Going to clean the clutches with hot soapy water and or non chlorinated brake cleaner and air, check the fuel lines(is there an inline filter on these?), clean carbs, check oil for any contaminents, check clutch spring and buttons.....not entirely sure where to go after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found a tag with this info under the lift box. TFS-JDTXGATOR, 1M0TURFJJJM130217. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
While you are at it scrub the belts with hot soapy water as well, this will help remove moulding agents used in the manufacturing process.
If your efforts do not plan out, contact JD Clutch Doc at [email protected] for help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts