John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 4X2 (guessing mid-late 90's) with a PIN W00X2X047406

I need to get some transmission parts (keeps jumping out of gear) and I would like to make sure I have the right info. Can anyone help me figure out the year and any other specifics?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Check post 1 under the general section for your answer.

Strange your dealer couldn't use the PIN to find the correct parts.:unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check post 1 under the general section for your answer.

Strange your dealer couldn't use the PIN to find the correct parts.:unsure:
My pin is not listed in the table in the first post. And my dealer clicked around for a half an hour and still never figured it out the last time I tried to get parts.

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
I have an older 4X2 (guessing mid-late 90's) with a PIN W00X2X047406

I need to get some transmission parts (keeps jumping out of gear) and I would like to make sure I have the right info. Can anyone help me figure out the year and any other specifics?

Thanks
Double check the PIN, I believe you may have accidentally copied it down incorrectly.

If the last six digits are correct you have a 1999 Year Model 4x2.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Funny how many times people mention they can’t find their PIN. Glad you found it and if your dealer can’t find parts based in the PIN it might be time to find a new dealer.

Good luck with the ride and share your work with the forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
My pin is not listed in the table in the first post. And my dealer clicked around for a half an hour and still never figured it out the last time I tried to get parts.
As a FYI, the Date of Manufacture (DOM) has little bearing in regard to part selection on Deere products.
Deere uses the PIN as reference and not the DOM, the reason for this the same series of a PIN may span several calendar years. Within this time frame there maybe part substitutions or design changes or there might be zero changes.

Now if you were wanting to know the DOM as a point of self curiosity that’s okay too .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts