John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a happy new owner of a XUV 550 and would like to hear about suggestions or recommendations on adding some light up front. I have the brush guard and see the holes there that could easily accommodate another pair of lights. What have others done that they are pleased with. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go High.

I just installed some Rigid Industries LED's on mine and am very happy with them.

I would recommend you mount your lights on the ROPS or roof if you have one, that gets them up high enough to shine over top of the grass and bushes. Lights mounted on the bumper or brush guard tend to get obscured by grass.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Led

I have also just installed 3 LED light bars...2 of them 6" Flood and 1- 10" spot...Now the spot will shine a good fifty yards plus at a fairly wide angle..I mounted it down low the brush guard area ..look at my post..i took the 6' led,s and mounted to a bracket off the roof support..a little mod. and point them off an angle for the rear and seea 25 plus yards in a Large surrounded area...SAE is the brand I purchased...and fairly reasonable...200 bucks all 3 for my cost through a Local Shop supplier that I used to work for...Might be abit more for you...Excellent Lighting!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ebay 34" light bar

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Tire

I purchased a 34" led 2 row light bar from ebay for $180 and its by far the best lighting I've ever had. I do a lot of trail riding and with this light I cant even tell its dark out. It doesn't draw much power or give off heat, you cant beat it for the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I bought a pair of Hella halogens off Amazon for less than $9 each, bolted them onto the brush guard , wired them into the headlights, and all is working well after replacing the 10 amp fuse with a 30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.