John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Nearing the end of my "Ridge Runner" build up is this last major item. This is my version of a Lock Down Bar for a Four Point Harness system. It includes adjustable headrests (bump pads). The harness's are by Crow Enterprizes, made with quality in the USA! These are designed for UTV's to work from a lock down bar. They are 3" units with built in shoulder pads, and Sternum belt. Fasteners used are stainless from The Nutty Company( on-line vendor). The head rests were stitched for me locally, and the black powder coating was from R & B powder coating of Poultney Vt. These wide 3" belts are very comfortable, and store easley behind the Deere buckets. Up next, and last ( at least for this season) a little bit more Bling! mountaingoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Do you make a harness bar for the RSX?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Batman. I'm glad you like the Lock Down Bar. but I'm sorry to say I'm only building for myself. If you have some fabricating experience, I'd be happy to give you measurements, and particulars, mountaingoat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lock Down Bar Fabrication.

HI GatorDuner1. I can supply you with some info on my fabrication, the final measurement depends on the following: You will notice the cage is narrower at the top than the bottom. This will mean the lock down tube will measure slightly narrower at the top side, than at the bottom of the tube. The actual width will depend on where the unit height is located to the cage. Since a harness should rest on your shoulder at level, or slightly higher. the top surface of your tube will reflect this. Sit properly on your seat, hands on the wheel, and have a helper rest a framing level on you shoulder at level or angled slightly upward. With a marker, transfer a mark to the cage tube ( bottom edge of level). This will give the proper harness height. The clamps (UB Machine Inc 1.75"x 2") can now be placed on your mark. The harness tube will need to be (fish mouthed) to fit the curved surface of the clamp. Measuring to the clamps at the top and bottom will give the angle of the cut. I tacked the bar to the clamps while mounted on the cage, removing the gas tank, and covering the vehicle with a wet sheet ( no Mig weld spatter). I used 1/2"x 1/8" steel sheet for the harness guides, 1", and 3/4" square tube for the adjustable head pads. As mentioned, the clamps were purchased on-line from UB Machine Inc .The 1.75" tubing was on-hand. This project is a bit on the advanced fabrication side because of fit-up and the fact that tack up is on the vehicle. There are obvious safety issues around fuel, and coatings ( cage powder coat). Safety First!, Hope this helped. mountaingoat.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts