John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently replaced shift lever and gear cable on 560e. Won’t go in reverse or neutral. Once we adjusted the nuts on cable it would shift into neutral but no revers or low. How can I get the settings correct? Thanks

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Recently replaced shift lever and gear cable on 560e. Won’t go in reverse or neutral. Once we adjusted the nuts on cable it would shift into neutral but no revers or low. How can I get the settings correct? Thanks
You may very well have a sticking Primary Clutch, which unfortunately is a common issue with this model and others in the Gator lineup. If your shifter and/or shift cable broke, this is a telltale sign of a sticking Primary Clutch.

Try the search community function at the top of forum page, there are many many posts and solutions offered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you move the shift lever (the bar on top of the trasmission that the cables are attached to) It rotates in one direction for forward and the other for reverse, parallel for neutral). If so, then the cables need to adjusted together. Start by having the lever in neutral and the lever in the dash in neutral and take the slack out. Then go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you move the shift lever (the bar on top of the trasmission that the cables are attached to) It rotates in one direction for forward and the other for reverse, parallel for neutral). If so, then the cables need to adjusted together. Start by having the lever in neutral and the lever in the dash in neutral and take the slack out. Then go from there.
When we tightened to nut on the shift lever all the way we couldn’t turn the lever to get in neutral.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts