John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Transaxle was run dry/with water for a long time. Owner nor dealership that services it noticed.

bought a new transaxle.
Need to know the tool number required or work around to remove the secondary clutch assembly.

found I need the jdg11200 for the primary clutch but have been unable to find any information on the tool for the secondary

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Long story short. Transaxle was run dry/with water for a long time. Owner nor dealership that services it noticed.

bought a new transaxle.
Need to know the tool number required or work around to remove the secondary clutch assembly.

found I need the jdg11200 for the primary clutch but have been unable to find any information on the tool for the secondary

thanks
I don’t believe you will need a special tool to remove the secondary clutch.

While you have things torn down, now would be an ideal time to address the common hard to shift issues that plague this model and others in the Gator lineup.

For more information contact JD Clutch Doc at [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
try the workaround tool for the JDG1641 Clutch puller.

Instructions below:

JDG 1641 Clutch removal tool workaround

1/2-12tpi x 6.0" long Grade 8 bolt (Course or fine threads... It doesn't matter)

9/16-18tpi x 8" long Grade 8 bolt

Cut the threads and hex head from the 1/2" bolt leaving just the shank of approximately 3.37" long. Make both cuts square to prevent side loads during removal.

Put the 1/2" shank into the hole first. Lube the 9/16-18 threads (I used anti-seize) and crank away.

Please use only Grade 8 bolts for this workaround tool

Courtesy of @200mph

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply but I have a newer machine that uses the jdg11200, which is the 11/16 size you can get a bolt for on the work around. The secondary is even larger.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Thanks for the reply but I have a newer machine that uses the jdg11200, which is the 11/16 size you can get a bolt for on the work around. The secondary is even larger.
I never have been able to replicate the thread size or pitch on the JDG 11200 with either SAE or Metric gauges.

On the 550 you use the same puller on both the drive and driven clutch’s to remove them, on my original response I should have typed I don’t believe “another” special tool is needed.

Try a a 9/16 x18 tpi bolt to see if that will thread-if so make the tool as described above. Use only Grade 8 bolts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the JD dealership loaned me the 11200 tool and I removed the primary clutch. They also didn’t know which tool is used for the secondary. I’ve yanked on it over and over. Instead the the threads measure to be 7/8 and I counted 24 threads an inch. Nobody has a bolt available locally.

anyway it’s amazing how Something so stupid keeps me from completing a job

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
If your dealership can’t tell you the type of tool that is needed, find a new dealer. They can easily look in their Technical Manual or Service Advisor and give you the part number for the tool needed.

I’m rather surprised they loaned you the JDG11200, most will not nor will they sell you a tool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To think how much money we spend at the dealership. And how they should have been checking the trans during service. They want to keep our business. Otherwise John Deere is the biggest new holland salesman

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
To think how much money we spend at the dealership. And how they should have been checking the trans during service. They want to keep our business. Otherwise John Deere is the biggest new holland salesman
Seems like whoever told you they didn’t know was either lazy on incompetent at their job.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts