John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 590i with 200 hours. Engine starts just fine. As soon as pedal is depressed it starts missing and backfiring through intake. It will not move. Back off the pedal and it idles fine. Fuel pump runs for short time when key is turned on and shuts off. Once engine is running I can't tell when or if the pump restarts. Have changed fuel filter and swapped the relays, same effect. Looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Suggest verifying fuel pressure to ensure it is at recommenced levels.

Back firing through intake when accelerating is commonly due to lean conditions, hence the suggestion above. Timing can also be an issue and worth checking also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick response. I agree with your two suggestions but with this electronic engine, not sure how to go. The fuel pump does run while the engine is idling. I disconnected the fuel line after the filter and it pumps plenty of fuel. I have sprayed cleaner in the throttle body. It does kinda act like the old mechanical engines when timing wouldn’t advance. But it never “catches up”. Unless there is something else restricting the fuel that I don’t even know exists, I suspect electronic/sensor issue. I have not checked the plugs yet, but I doubt that.
Look’ing like a John Deere service job. Do you know if I can safely tow this about 10 miles as I don’t have a trailer but do have an old tow bar that will work? The book says not over 25 mph, and I have been told to have the engine idling while towing. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Was this resolved? Solution?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gator is running. Changed very worn plugs. Sprayed throttle/injector(?) body. Disconnected/reconnected every connector I could. Just fussed with everything. Started working and still is. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts