John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2021 590M comes pre wired for a winch. Is there an after market winch that will work with the existing wiring and mounting plate, or am I stuck buying a Warn? Would prefer not to run a new harness if I don't have to. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2021 590M comes pre wired for a winch. Is there an after market winch that will work with the existing wiring and mounting plate, or am I stuck buying a Warn? Would prefer not to run a new harness if I don't have to. Thanks a bunch!
Yes and no, start by measuring the mount, I believe it's 3x4.9. I really wanted a 4500lb, but didn't find one that would match. I ended up with a 3500 traveler winch. If you want to use the factory winch plug in the glove box, you will have to buy a warn controller. You will need a solenoid, I used the one that came with the winch. Also needed is a 50amp Anderson connector. You will need to solder the connectors, and use some of the heavier wires that come with the winch.
Is it plug and play, no, but it is a lot less money than the warn setup.

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
972 Posts
I wanted a higher capacity winch and synthetic cable so I ended up getting a Superwinch. There were mounting plates/brackets available online (Amazon I think) so physically mounting it was easy. Then because the winch I choose had a higher current draw I ran my own wires to the battery and my controls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts