John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of trading my 825I with the glass cab for a 590M. I’m retiring to FL an don’t need the glass cab there for sure. Thanks any input on someone who has a 590 is appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 590m and traded it in and it had less than 200 hrs on it. It first had problems with clutch, then front differential, so I sold it and purchased a Yamaha Viking EPS and I have had it nearly a year with no problems it shifts gears real good, and no problems with clutch and e wheel drive.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I have a 2019 590m bought it new, here is my take on it. The first thing you is remove the primary clutch and send it in to the doc,i can not EMPHASIZE that enough. Mine was sent in the day i brought it home,now if you want a machine to put a lot of aftermarket goodies on it buy a polaris very little for the deere.

The only problem i have had was rear shocks, first one went after 4 months the second one just went last week 6 months out of warranty. I tried like hell to get the pair done, knew this was gonna happen. 170.00 for ONE shock ! Not to mention it was a known issue, but the new shocks seem good.
Very happy with the ride, shocks have preload adjusters, engine is a tad loud.

First service i did was very easy, all i have done is front & rear bumpers, removable windshield,horn,driving lights. Also shifting is its own thing, you do not just cram the shifter in gear hard to explain but you get a feel for it. Getting that primary clutch out is a process,need clutch removal tool and patience,very tight in there. 590 dose what i want it to do, Any questions just ask.

D.H

·
Registered
843 Posts
Joedirt, what will you be doing with the machine in Florida? Some communities will allow golf carts on city streets but not side by sides like Gators. Will you be in the big field areas where you may have to run 20 miles on a farm road? Will you be riding in the swamps?

My parents spend their winters in southern Florida. My dad chose a standard ride-on four wheeler as his hunting/exploring vehicle. It's smaller footprint and lighter weight does much better in the swamps than larger heavier SXS machines. After all you're running the same exact tires on a machine half the weight so the ground pressure is greatly reduced. If he needs to transport much he pulls a trailer that has big high flotation tires. If he gets stuck the trailer can be unhooked and winched out separately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m thinking of trading my 825I with the glass cab for a 590M. I’m retiring to FL an don’t need the glass cab there for sure. Thanks any input on someone who has a 590 is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts