John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 1999 6 by 4 diesel. One day it works and then next day does not. I have tracked all wires to make sure no problems there.

When it does not work the dash lights come on real dim. When its running dash lights bright as always. Local john deer shop cant seem to find the problem because it never stays broken long enough.. Till i get it home and down it goes again.

Any suggestions all help wanted

·
Registered
250 Posts
Willing to bet you have a bad connection at or near the battery. Check all cables at the battery. Follow them and check the other end. Check plug at rear of key switch for loose wires and corrosion. This is of course assuming the battery itself is good when load tested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery is brand new. Both cables on both ends to the battery are in great shape. I will check switch plug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Take the plug off the back of your ign. switch, clean it really well of dirt & gunk & then use dielectric grease to seal it. You may need to do this on the dash connector(s) if any also. Had this problem on a J.D. tractor, it would shut down & play dead! My son was here who does electrical on fire trucks, he did this & no problems since! He said as I do anything with a connector, to do this.

Good luck, hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts