John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi n thank yaw for your help n tech support, look, I bought this 2009 620 I xuv 4x4 father-in-law 3 months ago n it had sit in garage past 4 yrs, anyway 900 hrs but very clean xuv, it would run only approx 30-40 min before bogging down but would idle fine unless you tried to fuel it n bogg back to idle, sir I’ve changed engine oil/ftr (Mobil-1) , fuel filter on frame rail, blew out air ftr , 1 can sea foam n I only run 92 oct in all my stuf, now it won’t make it out of the yard before doing the same bogging n a little poping back through exhaust I think anyway, oil level is still full, no lights flashing in dash, it’s progressively got worse till now n I can’t go more than 20’ n stop , now here’s the punch line, from day 1 , 3 months ago I figured out that when it would start to bogg n not take the fuel if I would turn key off instead of idle and let her sit 4-5 min she would fire up n take the fuel (acceleration ) and would run fine again for another 30 min , that don’t work now , 20 feet only n Boggs out, could somebody help guid me in the right direction on how to fix this issue I got myself into, it didn’t appear to need nothin other than boosting off when I picked it up but I’m hung up , frustrated, ??? Please help, thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,044 Posts
This may not correct your issue, however have you throughly cleaned both clutch’s with hot soapy water and or non chlorinated brake cleaner followed by compressed air ? Also you should change your belt if you haven’t already, wash/scrub the new with hot soapy water and let air dry, this helps remove the moulding agents used in th manufacturing process.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds to me like you were on the right track with the fuel filter. I would check the lines to make sure they are clear.

The shop manual mentions a fuel pressure test. That might lead somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There’s a small fuel filter under the drivers seat that may need to be cleaned/replaced. I had similar issues with a 620i and that was the problem.
Here’s a link to my thread from a while back. 620i Bogging Down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts