John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I got the gator out this morning and pulled over to load morning feed. Got everything on the back, and went to start it. It made a weird click/thunk (?) and that was it. Now the fuel pump doesn't pressurize, the starter won't turn, nothing. I checked all fuses, and sealed all three relays under the hood. Any guesses? We use this machine at least twice a day every day. I REALLY don't want to be without it. TIA.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Hey y'all, I got the gator out this morning and pulled over to load morning feed. Got everything on the back, and went to start it. It made a weird click/thunk (?) and that was it. Now the fuel pump doesn't pressurize, the starter won't turn, nothing. I checked all fuses, and sealed all three relays under the hood. Any guesses? We use this machine at least twice a day every day. I REALLY don't want to be without it. TIA.
Kinda sounds like your starter may have went kaput?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
This sounds like a part-swapping mechanics dream! Guesses include: Bad Battery, bad wiring, bad connection, bad switch, bad safety switches or any combination of the above. Swap everything and you’ll likely fix it. Maybe new starter is crap.

Or you could learn how to use a voltmeters and follow a wiring schematic to pin point the problem in a logical process.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the original battery from 2015. I'm going to have it checked tomorrow. I have and can use a voltmeter. What I need is a full schematic and a factory service manual. John Deere (at least around here) isn't real big on sharing info.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
They’re available to purchase from a number of source if you really want one.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
It is the original battery from 2015. I'm going to have it checked tomorrow. I have and can use a voltmeter. What I need is a full schematic and a factory service manual. John Deere (at least around here) isn't real big on sharing info.
Ebay, as azreb mentioned.
625 Technical Manual

This is a CD, however you can probably have a print shop make a paper copy if you prefer ?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Awesome!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts