John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching secondary mufflers to reduce exhaust/engine noise of 625I Gator. The reviews of the Benz Silent Knight muffler seem to be mixed at best and I wish to avoid wasting $200+ for minimal real world noise reduction. Do any Forum members have a positive experience with supplementary mufflers?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On edit...I have purchased one of the Benz Silent Rider secondary mufflers and will provide a more detailed report after installation and operating experience. Realistically this will mean mid-March 2022 at the earliest.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
On edit...I have purchased one of the Benz Silent Rider secondary mufflers and will provide a more detailed report after installation and operating experience. Realistically this will mean mid-March 2022 at the earliest.
Thank you, for the follow up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Silent Rider a couple of years ago, and have been pretty happy with it. My 625i had about 650 hours and the exhaust was pretty loud. The Silent Rider quieted it down noticeably. I've noticed no drop in power. It may run a little hotter, but that's a good thing for this model (as it helps evaporate some of the gas out of the crankcase). I wrapped the joint where it attaches to the factory tailpipe with a couple layers of aluminum tape, then put a couple wraps or mechanics wire on to keep it nice and tight. So far so good.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TreeSlayer...my 625 Gator is a 2014 edition with 770 hours. Thank you for your post. I look forward to the installation but my Gator is located in norther Wisconsin and temps are in the -20 range for next 6 weeks or so. Will be March before I can realistically work on it bare handed.

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 5 of 5 Posts