John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 625i feels like it's dragging when I have a load in the bed. Could the belt be slipping? We don't over load it but we do put about 850# of feed in it every morning. Thanks y'all.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Our 625i feels like it's dragging when I have a load in the bed. Could the belt be slipping? We don't over load it but we do put about 850# of feed in it every morning. Thanks y'all.
Yes the belt could be slipping, as a reminder always use low gear with a load. While the belt is being replaced throughly clean both clutch’s with hot soapy water and or non chlorinated brake cleaner followed by compressed air. You may need to use a toothbrush to clean properly.

Also use hot soapy water and scrub the belt prior to use, this will help remove the moulding agents used in the manufacturing process.

If you are in dusty,muddy or sandy environment you should clean the clutch’s more frequently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the belt could be slipping, as a reminder always use low gear with a load. While the belt is being replaced throughly clean both clutch’s with hot soapy water and or non chlorinated brake cleaner followed by compressed air. You may need to use a toothbrush to clean properly.

Also use hot soapy water and scrub the belt prior to use, this will help remove the moulding agents used in the manufacturing process.

If you are in dusty,muddy or sandy environment you should clean the clutch’s more frequently.
Let me ask this; is 1146 hrs. about the burn rate I should get on a belt that gets used heavy like ours?

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
No you’re long over due, you probably should change every 500 hours.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Check online for a Gates. Amazon is generally a good bet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I replaced the belt today with the Gates G-Force. To say the old one w past due is an understatement. It's also almost 1/8" narrower than the new belt.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts