John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m rebuilding my AM140986 drive clutch and the rollers had flat spots. If you order the Comet clutch wide roller kit, part number 214920A, you will get new rollers and washers/shims that work on the Gator clutch. The rest of the kit isn’t usable for the Gator clutch. See pictures for details. The parts on the plastic bag come with the kit. The other parts are from my 6x4 clutch. Also is a pic of the new rollers next to my rollers with flat spots.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went through this same thing trying to find a softer engagement spring on my 6x4 diesel, Comet was very helpful, several different Deere dealers not so much.....they would give me that deer in the headlight look.....sorry, been inside to long.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You'll likely need to call a dealer on this.

JDParts.com returns the following when selecting the where used option:

There is no make, machine type, and model information for the given part.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The hat tip goes to Larry Konis, who had the idea (for a completely different clutch) but wrote the part number down and left out a digit.
2007 Gator HPX Diesel primary clutch rebuild
Just a little confused, Larry wrote down a wrong number that led to this discovery or did someone find a mistake with this original posting?What does 2007 hpx diesel have to do with this post? According to ebay AM140986 fits 6x4 trail and worksite gators and is 18mph clutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts