John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

It is with EXTREME sadness that I'm making this post. My 1999 6x4 with the FD620D has developed low oil pressure and a slight 'tap' at idle.

A little background - I bought this machine about 6 years ago with only 300 hours on it. I have since dumped THOUSANDS into it, and only put about 230 hours on it as she now sits at 536. I've always kept up with maintenance and made sure to fix anything before it could break or become a problem. I just spent over $1k on it by putting new tires, muffler, and valve covers on as well.

I changed the oil and filter - still low oil pressure at idle. Replaced the oil pressure sensor, still the same. I'm thinking the oil pump is failing.

SO - my question is - what do you think the machine is worth? I am done dealing with this liquid-cooled POS as it has been problematic since day 1. I've considered replacing it with one of the Vanguard kits, but honestly would really like to purchase a new SXS so I can haul wood and have some fun off-road.

Thinking of heading down to the dealer and seeing what they would offer for it on a trade, but I wanted to check here first to see if I'm a fool for even thinking of asking.

Thanks all. I always welcome you advice!

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Hey All,

It is with EXTREME sadness that I'm making this post. My 1999 6x4 with the FD620D has developed low oil pressure and a slight 'tap' at idle.

A little background - I bought this machine about 6 years ago with only 300 hours on it. I have since dumped THOUSANDS into it, and only put about 230 hours on it as she now sits at 536. I've always kept up with maintenance and made sure to fix anything before it could break or become a problem. I just spent over $1k on it by putting new tires, muffler, and valve covers on as well.

I changed the oil and filter - still low oil pressure at idle. Replaced the oil pressure sensor, still the same. I'm thinking the oil pump is failing.

SO - my question is - what do you think the machine is worth? I am done dealing with this liquid-cooled POS as it has been problematic since day 1. I've considered replacing it with one of the Vanguard kits, but honestly would really like to purchase a new SXS so I can haul wood and have some fun off-road.

Thinking of heading down to the dealer and seeing what they would offer for it on a trade, but I wanted to check here first to see if I'm a fool for even thinking of asking.

Thanks all. I always welcome you advice!
You might try looking online for similar Gators in your area at motorsportsuniverse.com
I’m guessing you would get a much better price selling it on your own.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
How hard is it to access the oil pump and replace?

Could be a bearing issue.

So you’re going to buy another green product after experiencing issues with current?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts