John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I been trying to get to the bottom of a starting issue with my 2011 825i. To give a bit of a update on where I'm at, I have replaced the starter and if I hook jumper cables directly up to the starter it all turns, crank and everything. So the starter is good and the engine is not locked up. I have 12.4 volts to the starter with the key off as soon as I try to start the voltage falls instantly and after a couple times the fuse will blow. Had a battery charger hooked up to the battery and the same thing happened I don't think it's my battery. Any ideas on what I should chase down first?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
First off your battery is low at 12.4 volts but I’m assuming battery is at 65f when making the comment. Suggest you reference a state of charge (SOC) table and adjust for battery temperature. Another option would be to have the battery tested.

Sounds like you may have a short or other wiring issues and suggest interrogating the complete wiring path for the starting circuit. there are a number of good videos about testing starting circuits on the web.

A voltage drop test along the wire path while trying to start is very helpful in finding the issue. Target 0.2 volts or less of drop. Again, there are a number of videos on YouTube to reference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts