John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My 825i is approximately 18 months old, with only 48 hours on it, and the fuel pump has gone out. Anyone had a similar problem, if so is there anything else I need to be aware of?
Thanks for any input....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a few go out on my 825is, but since they have been replaced, no problems. Mine don't get used as much as they used to, but the advice given to me by my dealer is, Crank it up, Let it warm up, then drive it like you stole it. They said those motors are best ran wide open, then put putting around. Hope this helps!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
There has been known issues in the past with pumps and pressure regulators going bad, I have had one pump and 2 regulators go bad but the was about a year and half ago and no more since then and 180 hrs later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I pulled the old pump out, and it looks like it is a victim of ethanol gas, though I thought I was buying non-ethanol. It seems to me that John Deere would have made everything ethanol resistant, since my Gator is a 2012, but apparently not. By the way, the pump looks identical to one that fits a 94-95 Chevy truck, would be interested to know if anyone has tried that yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts