John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Newbie here. I am in the process of replacing the head gasket on a 2013 825i, So I'm trying to remove the camshafts, and I can not remove the front cam cover, removed the three bolts and it will not budge. Can anyone help.... Please, don't want to break or damage anything.. thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just have to take a small pry bar around edges , it is held with sealant along the head . Also make sure you put a bolt in the intake cam gear to hold gears together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you

Thank you jd772, I have tried and afraid of breaking or damaging the cover or head surface that thing is stuck on... I'll go at it again today. What is the sealant that is used? Anarobic? Have you had or heard of the head gasket causing a overheat condition? After driving loaded for 20 mins to half hour will boil over... fan comes on, radiator is clean, changed thermostat, #1 spark plug is cleaner and a tad whiter then the other two, top of piston (looking down spark plug hole) also appears cleaner then than the others.. Tried watching for air bubbles in rad, but could not see any... gonna test the rad cap today. Any info or experience would be appreciated...

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
Perhaps this will help?

Good luck, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
success

Got it off, did not realize there were two bolts under the timing belt pulley...oops lol. Thanks bradhill

Head gasket looks fine, checking for any warpage , two head bolts were not very tight.

Rad cap failed, suspect thats the problem all along...

Get it together this afternoon, let you know.

And thanks alot

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just use a sealant made for engine or transmission. Yes if head gasket leaking it will have compression in system and build pressure causing over heating. check the head with straight edge ,it can warp .check different angles . Just to make sure it is getting hot not just showing hot temp ,Also when back together ,make sure to bleed air out coolant line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts