John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little guidance.

2011 Gator 825i, 500 hours. Doing the Ford Bosch injector swap and I’m having a difficult time getting the old injectors out. I found a metal clip that sits between the injector and the fuel rail that I had not seen in my research but removed those by sliding them towards the block from the rear of the machine. When I removed the fuel rail, the injectors came free of the block, but stayed all connected to the fuel rail. There’s not enough room to rotate the injectors free of the block due to the wiring harness. I should be able to remove them from the fuel rail in order to replace them, but for the life of me I can’t see what I’m missing in order to get them to release.

Also, I haven’t gotten that far yet, but the electrical plug has a wire keeper and I’m not sure how to get it to release. From the driver’s side, but you pull the clip to you or is the clip two sided and you slide it down to release?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just slide the wire clip off. Remove wire harness. remove injector. Make sure both o rings are removed with injector. May get stuck in rail,
or head. When installing make sure metal clip latches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got it done. Removed the wire clip by using a screwdriver to pull the wire clip down and away from the block when the injector was in the block if that makes sense. That gave me a little more room and leverage to remove the
Injectors from the rail. I did have to shim with two washers on the block side, and used a longer m6 bolt with a nut for a shim. Bolted back up fired right up with no issues and a better start with a smoother idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Did you replace all of them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts