John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2013 825i Gator
With key in slot 1 the pump turns on and pressurized and turns off, engine will then crank and crank and will not fire. Checked spark plugs and I do have spark.
replaced fuel filter and still have same issue. I have good fuel to the filter but not sure about the pressure.
tried a little starting fluid and would not fire. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok , and there is a timing mark on cam to top and crankshaft to the bottom . in a rough way of saying. just to make sure in time. Have seen adjuster bearing bad and jump time. You said it crank no fire, but had spark at plugs, not sure, what your meaning. Did you look at plug wires real good ,can burn at bottom of boots, in turn loosing spark at plug. Does it show anything on screen for codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I do have a dash light that’s a book with a wrench over it. My book tells me it’s on when there is a sensor malfunction.
looks like sensors related to fuel that I have are a “throttle position sensor” . “Electronic motor controller”, and “manifold air pressure sensor”
Does anyone know what the read outs of these sensors would be? Maybe in Olms?

my other resources say the throttle and manifold sensors could be stopping the engine from firing but not sure about the electronic motor controller.

Checked with Deer and they are pretty pricey, so expensive guesses unless I can test them ??

thank you

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I believe the information you seek is in the Technical Manual. I'm basing this on my experience with the 855D Technical Manual that has a section on how to test the sensors.

The correct TM number for your machine can be found here after entering model number (825i): JD MANUAL LOOKUP

With the manual number on hand you can search to see what is available and pricing.

Another option would be to take the parts off and have the dealer test and state which one is not functioning and need replaced.

Out of curiosity what codes are being generated?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Take it to a dealer have it hooked up , sounds like a crank sensor . Then it can be cleared also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts