5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.New plugs,
2. New fuel filter
3.New pump and regulator
4. New drive belt
4. Cleaned map sensor good .
5. Good spark on all 3 cylinders.
Ran really well for me then started missing, checked plugs first off dead plug cylinder1, ran well for days, then started missing and loss of power, did fuel filter, ran better ...not tip top so did regulator and pump, idles great revs great in neutral put it in high gear and 12 mph downhill, replaced drive belt, barely gets above 3000rpm, now dang thing was just smoking a bit. Help me semi-pros!

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
1.New plugs,
2. New fuel filter
3.New pump and regulator
4. New drive belt
4. Cleaned map sensor good .
5. Good spark on all 3 cylinders.
Ran really well for me then started missing, checked plugs first off dead plug cylinder1, ran well for days, then started missing and loss of power, did fuel filter, ran better ...not tip top so did regulator and pump, idles great revs great in neutral put it in high gear and 12 mph downhill, replaced drive belt, barely gets above 3000rpm, now dang thing was just smoking a bit. Help me semi-pros!
Is the Gator new to you ?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Bad fuel?
What’s the compression in all cylinders?
Exhaust plugged?
What’s the oil level at?

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
Did you closely inspect the plug wires? Look for pencil lead size burn marks near the boot. After manipulating the wires it could be easy to send the spark to ground- if there is a small break in the insulation/wire.

Reactions: jd772

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust not plugged, oil good, compression ok on all, i will check plug wires too, smells like its flooding too

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Could be poor ignition system. Low speed/power output it might be adequate to ignite, but as power demands increase, it might not be enough to overcome the increased spark resistance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Remove timing belt cover and check belt and idler . Rotate engine over and check timing marks.Have seen tensioner get bad and jump timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on the serial #, JD put a safety Mod on late 825i's and all 825m's. It is in the seat belt clip, female end, drivers side. No seat belt hook up, NO RUN GOOD. Acts like it is in limp mode. If it has the mod, you will know by looking for 2 wires going into the female end, drivers side. Check the wiring. Might have a broken wire near the female end or a bad switch. No wires, No Mod. Another possibility, If you bought the unit used, someone may have tried to bypass this safety feature and their bypass has failed.
Just a thought. Good luck.
OT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts