John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

A couple question,

What is the PIN on your 825i- ?

Specifically, what procedures have you tried ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the PIN number. The unit is a 2014 model.
I have checked the brake fluid level and tried pressing all the way down on the brake pedal and then pulling hard on the parking brake handle. It still rolls

·
Super Moderator
2,974 Posts
The PIN number is located on a placard attached to the frame in front of the passenger side rear wheel. The PIN is used to identify the year, model and serial number of the Gator, it is also used to identify the manufacturing location, base options etc.

The parking brake on this model has a “wet brake” system. This system is independent of the foot brake. The fluid used in this system is John Deere HYGard which is Deere’s hydraulic fluid. Depending on your location and climate one of two HYGard fluids could have been used.

Check the fluid level in the wet brake system, remember this fluid is not DOT type brake fluid. Let us know once you check the fluid level in the wet brake system.

I have added a link to the Operators Manual for your Gator, if you do not have a copy. You should find information on checking Park Brake Fluid in Section 65.

Gator 825i Operator’s Manual

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Couldn’t tell from your response I’d you drained old fluid out or just added some because it was low.

What fluid was in it before replacing with correct fluid?

If not right fluid before, it might take a while for the new fluid to somewhat permeate the friction material. Additional fluid swaps might also be needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn’t tell from your response I’d you drained old fluid out or just added some because it was low.

What fluid was in it before replacing with correct fluid?

If not right fluid before, it might take a while for the new fluid to somewhat permeate the friction material. Additional fluid swaps might also be needed.
I did not know how to drain the old fluid so I just added more.
I bought the unit used so don’t know what was in it.
probably never changed but it was well serviced.
How do you drain the fluid?

·
Super Moderator
2,974 Posts
I did not know how to drain the old fluid so I just added more.
I bought the unit used so don’t know what was in it.
probably never changed but it was well serviced.
How do you drain the fluid?
PM Sent with diagram

·
Super Moderator
2,974 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts