John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m new to the forum and looking for answers as to why my gator 825i will barely move when I accelerate from a dead start. It doesn’t get better once it does start moving. My grandson drove it yesterday and pulled it into the barn where I was working just fine, but today it runs fine but barely moves. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Remove your belt drive cover and check to see if drive clutch and driven clutch are moving . So as you speed up engine you should see clutches changing. Also check belt for any damage or signs of slippage.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Possible worn belt. Check the width against the minimum width shown in the manual. Be certain to check the width over the entire length.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it is the belt, don't feel obligated to spend more for the JD OEM. I use the Gates (32G4588) Drive Belt. Works great. It's the same belt for a number of the gators out there.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good point about using an aftermarket belt. I'm also using an aftermarket belt with good success.

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
If the belt looks shiny, the belt has been glazed. Once this happens the belt is toast. One if the leading culprits of belt glazing is the operation of the Gator in high gear when climbing a hill. Glazing is caused by the belt slipping in clutch’.

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
Did your grandson drive it through deep water?
Actually the OP and I have been in discussion via PM, I asked if the Grandson had driven through water. The OP stated the Grandson got the Gator muddy,so he pressure washed the Gator when he returned home..... issue solved...lol

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks for the update, but it would certainly be nice if the OP's exhibited some etiquette about the resolution and post their fix.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yes, I’ve been active on vehicle discussion forums for 20 years and most people never think to post their solution. If they did, it would develop quite a useful collection of valuable information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts