John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to trade my 2012 550 s4 for a 825i s4. I thought the 550 s4 was long but the 825i s4 is 10 inches longer and over 500lbs heavier. I can get one with turn signals and running lights for just under $18,000.00. I'd need to add another $1000 to add the winch and windshield. That's $8000.00 more than I paid for my 550 s4. The bed is steel and being so close to the beach I'm not sure how it would hold up. I like my 550 even though I've had my problems with it. Is the 825i s4 worth it or should I see if the 850i comes out with an s4.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well on the 825i S4 you get a much bigger bed, a lot more hauling/towing capacity, more room to sit, etc. As for the bed, if it's got the no skid liner in it, you should be alright. Yea it's heaver and longer, but the length has a lot to do with the 2x size bed.

·
Registered
904 Posts
More power.....Have you considered Rhino Lining the bed?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup Batman thought about a bed liner but that ups the cost even more. The power would be nice if I move up to Idaho or Montana but if we decide to stay here I'm not so sure I'll need it. The 825i s4 is such a beast it looks way bigger than than the 550 s4. 34 feet turning radius for 825i s4 and 19 feet for the 550 s4 thats a huge differance. I guess you back out of any tight spots. I guess the 825i s4 is made to go fast straight forward LOL. I didn't like the turning radius on the 550 s4. I thought it was way to big. Right now I think I'll stck with the 550 s4 and hope they can do something about the manuevering capabilities of the bigger faster 4 rider XUVs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As far as a bed linner goes, go to autozone and get yourself some Hercu-liner. you will not be disapointed. I Put that on my truck 6 yrs ago and it's still going strong. For a little over $100 you can't beat it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts