John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a customer with a new 825i that we have replaced the secondary clutch on twice in less than 300 miles. It appears that the secondary opens up too far when run at full throttle/top speed and then the sheave starts to shed metal, which shreds the drive belt. Customer was running at full speed on dry pavement when this occurred. So far Deere has not come up with a solution to the problem. Are we missing something? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would look at the primary clutch closely. It maybe that clutch is pulling in too far to increase transmission clutch speed excessively.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Duramax about looking at the primary clutch--it may be closing too far. An indicator would be top speed achievable with current set-up--should be only 44-45mph, any faster indicates too much closing in the primary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deere said to replace the primary. We installed a new primary and did a test drive. 44 mph, 6050 rpm, 1.2 miles and it ate the belt again. Customer put about 500 miles on it, running at 35 mph and below with no trouble before we replaced the primary. Engineers are now scratching their heads.

·
Registered
904 Posts
This might be a dumb question/solution, but what about the spring in the secondary??? To weak, to tight, wrong spring???? The secondary's might be different than the polaris ones I am used to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
bill, I have a question, Is this a 2013 yr 825i? If so the clutches and belt are a different design than earlier models. Possible parts are not matched up? Just a thought :confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am gonna have to learn about these clutches don't Know yet...Sounds exciting...Would like to play with mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem Solved! The hub that the primary mounts to was out of round. Engineers said no more than .006" and this one was .035" out of round. Installed new hub which was actually .008" out, but seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Glad to hear that it is fixed. This hub you talk about......does it bolt inside the engine side of the secondary???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts