John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the transmission or clutch on the new 825i's. I've got one that is less than two months old and has started doing a little "double-slip" when you first take off. Seems to be worse when it's hot and been run a while. I know that's vague, but hard to explain. When you first give it gas, it almost feels like a short slip in the rear end. If this doesn't make any sense...just ignore me.

It's in the shop now, but my local dealer stays swamped and they have a bad habit of telling me things like that are all in my head. May be, but it wasn't in my head for a month and a half when I didn't feel it.

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the belt is shot to me, u ever try pulling something in high and smoke it?
No, it's practically brand new, only about 15 hours or so on it. Took it in and they made some belt adjustments and it's a little better yet still has a little slip when you first start off that I didn't noticed when I first got it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had what sounds like gears being ground off! Today I was using my 825 to pull what amounts to the DR driveway drag to dress up our gravel drive and several times the machine sounded as if it were coming appart. I have had it in because of the shifter slipping out but this sounds like a front or rear defective differential. You're moving along then slip, grind, & "buck" it catches then does it again. I just stopped, I'm scared to use it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry but I have to vent! I used the gator for landscape work today, (special job for mom on mothers day!) gear clash again, really bad this time. Wow I have a lot invested in this and I am so dissappointed. I called a mechanic friend and he and I went on a ride through a grassey field and this same situation happened. He said he's not sure what the "clunking" sound and "bucking" of the gator is, but feels strongly it is associated with gears. I tell you I'm ready for some detective work... drain and inspect the fluids of every drivetrain component! He asked what kind of warranty came with the gator and I told him I purchased the extra two year, he said good, just drive it, when it's finally really messed up, then take it back for repairs. My gator has only 14.3 hours on it! I have had it to the dealer three times and asked for adjustments be made to the shifter, I will call again tomorrow. I really thought someone here on this forum could shed some light on this! Thanks if you could! Puggs

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most definetly sounds like your front diff, is taking a crap. I have had to replace mine at 17hrs and the symptons sound the same. Take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts