John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've my 825i Gator for about 2 months and it continues to amaze me. After our most recent snow storm I had 4-6 foot drifts to battle. Pulled the Gator out of the garage and plowed through the snow like a hot knife through butter. Have no doubt the Gator is a very capable snow-plowing machine that can keep up with the big boys. Here are a couple of before and after pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum. I could not deal with that, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nice and no windshield or cab!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Good job on your first post! :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the WWAustin. To much snow for me but glad the 8258i is doing the job. Nice to see you back Batman. Hope all's fine with you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am too much of a wimp in my older age. I just had to have a cab and heater. Couldn't justify the massive cost of the JD cabs, so did the soft cab method. Works darn good!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,428 Posts
Copper I'm curious on the snow blade how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

·
Registered
41 Posts
To be fully honest, you and I will wait to find out. Haven't gotten any snow yet to find out. On one level, can't find much to complain about not having the snow piling up, while on the other hand, no snow thus far doesn't let me see if the blade will do the job properly. The temps have been sufficiently low enough, 14F this morning and windy, to see how well the soft cab does the job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
John Deere Gator Enclosure Without Windshield: SideBySideStuff.com

Wanted the woodland camo version but they were out of that design so I settled for the beige. Actually kind of like it now that it is on there. I got the zippered side and back window option so that they can be rolled up out of the way when I want. I already had a JD windshield. They have a windshield included version and also just a door and rear version for those with windshield and poly top. Obviously, not as perfect of a fit as a factory OEM cab, but it does a great job of blocking most everything. I took the gator out at 14F one morning and drove it around 120 acres to see if it would do the trick. I have the cab heater also, but didn't turn it on just to see how well the cab would do. Actually, pretty good. I didn't even wear gloves to make sure, just a jacket. The wife ran it around herself, but she preferred having the heater on a little.

Nice thing is, it does a darn good job and is 1/10th the cost of the factory stuff. If one is wanting to save a few pennies instead of getting a full blown factory cab, this one will do the trick. If I was still living in Fairbanks, AK, I might have splurged and got the OEM cab. For Iowa, this one will do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally got some snow to check out the blade. Not a lot of snow, but enough to know that the blade I have on my 825i is a keeper. Does a very good job. Doesn't take up gravel cleaning out the 600' of drive and can run up on the lawn and it doesn't scalp. Seems like a good buy. Wife even liked doing some snow with that blade on the 825i.

Anyone that might want a good blade that is very reasonable. I got the 72" one on my 825i. Cost was just under $1000.

http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/atv/

·
Super Moderator
3,428 Posts
Does the snow roll over the top of the blade?

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

·
Registered
41 Posts
The snow we got was a wet snow instead of a powder. Nothing rolled over the top. The curve of the blade rolled everything forward. One thing for certain, I was able to do 800' of U shaped gravel drive, with a fair amount of slope on both ends in a fraction of the time that it take with a tractor/loader or using a 3 pt blade. Was able to make quick passes around the barn/grain bin areas also and clear snow away on both gravel and grassed areas real quickly. Was fun! Blade angles right or left if you need. No need to control the blade in anyway except for the angle adjustments if needed. Just drive and backup. No operator controls at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts