·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear it worked!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That is so odd, When we changed the clutch, that was all it took to reduce the RPMs, but I am glad the weight modification worked. since keeping the weights balanced is the most important thing to allow the clutch to work properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did my spring and weight update today. Love'ng it. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
well I did install that clutch from team ,, and I like it, it doest have the low rpm at cruising speed like I figured ,but there was some improvement ,,,and no power loss ,,,but on the high end I love it,,,79km per hour,,,, and yes i want to sell my diesel clutch,, but u south of the border ,,probly pay way less for what we du up here,,, i paid 494 Canadian, at my dealership,,,so any offers

Do you still have the diesel clutch?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I suppose I should simply take the time to read all the way through these posts to find where someone suggested possibly retrofitting the non EBS system with the new updated dynamic braking. Moreover, something about switching the input shaft on the trans for the brake on shaft technology, to give an older model the new type of engine brake. Just to clarify, whoever suggested that, was putting out very bad information. The input shafts are not only totally different in both diameter and length, but are completely geared different, and WILL NOT mate to the gears inside the transmission. You would have to change so much INSIDE the transmission, as well as the input-shaft/clutch-side case-half, that by the time you changed everything to make it work, you likely could have bought another transmission. Anyway, it was brought to my attention that someone had suggested it could be done by simply changing the shaft, and I promise you, that is the farthest thing from the truth.You could do away with that TEAM secondary and use the older transmission in conjunction with the updated primary without the benefit of the EBS, but "updating" that older/non-825 transmission IS NOT gonna happen, so please don't waste your money buying those clutch-sets hoping to make that happen. If this has already been covered, sorry. Two very different transmissions inside.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can someone state whether or not the clutch (weights, springs, etc) on my 2014 model 625i are identical or different from those on a stock 825i?

Thank you

·
Registered
645 Posts
I can not at all confirm or deny that shink, BUT given that it has a different engine with a different power/RPM profile, I can't imagine that they will be the same as the 825i.

What are you trying to accomplish and maybe we can help you think it through.

·
Registered
166 Posts
MBD...no problems yet. Just trying to anticipate possible future scenarios as my 625i is new with about 15 hours on it. Judging from the apparent scope of the 825 clutch comments was wondering if or how these might apply to my situation...if at all...thanks.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The clutches are the same design. If you are in a hot climate, you may get into a situation where the clutch will not release fully. This shows up as being difficult to get into gear while engine is idling.

Not all of them, even in a hot climate experience this problem, even in a hot climate. I would suggest that you simply drive it and enjoy it. If your clutch is set up too tight it will show up in soon in hot weather operation. If you make it through summer, you probably have a good clutch and forget about. If it does give problems, let us know here on the forum. We on the forum have enough experience with it to get you fixed up one way or another.

Now go enjoy your gator.

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts
I suppose I should simply take the time to read all the way through these posts to find where someone suggested possibly retrofitting the non EBS system with the new updated dynamic braking. Moreover, something about switching the input shaft on the trans for the brake on shaft technology, to give an older model the new type of engine brake. Just to clarify, whoever suggested that, was putting out very bad information. The input shafts are not only totally different in both diameter and length, but are completely geared different, and WILL NOT mate to the gears inside the transmission. You would have to change so much INSIDE the transmission, as well as the input-shaft/clutch-side case-half, that by the time you changed everything to make it work, you likely could have bought another transmission. Anyway, it was brought to my attention that someone had suggested it could be done by simply changing the shaft, and I promise you, that is the farthest thing from the truth.You could do away with that TEAM secondary and use the older transmission in conjunction with the updated primary without the benefit of the EBS, but "updating" that older/non-825 transmission IS NOT gonna happen, so please don't waste your money buying those clutch-sets hoping to make that happen. If this has already been covered, sorry. Two very different transmissions inside.
Simply put- Not so

·
Registered
171 Posts
I guess the clutch would get worked harder (at risk) if you try to pull a full load (1500 lbs trailer) and stuff in the cargo since RPM's will be lower. The diesel probably has better low end torque.
A common misconception, for whatever reason. The 825i has more torque at every rpm than the 855D. And 25+% more peak TQ.

Anyone just try installing just the weights and leaving the spring intact?
I did. Engages sooner than when using the diesel spring with diesel weights... due to the lesser initial force of the spring. It also goes about 1 mph more at most rpms than the diesel spring, but if felt just a little too weak/soft for me, so I went with the diesel spring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The weights are part number AM140452, and the spring is M161228. I ordered them online from Green Farm Parts. They were the cheapest I could find. This combo has cut the engine revs by 1000 rpm thru out the entire speed range.
How long did you run it with the 855d parts? Any long term problems

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
FYI... Arzog hasn't been seen on the board in over 5 years. So not certain if they'll see your reply.

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts
I can share my experience and testing using 855d weights and springs. This setup provides a very harsh engagement when up and down shifting. There is a much better alternative with the Venom Performance Shift Kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts

I can't speak for Arzog, but my own machine has been running the diesel spring setup for about 4 years now. Zero problems. Runs amazing, and very quiet.

The initial engagement is a slight jerk, but it's really a non-issue. Although, I do plan to one day modify my weights a little more, to alleviate that slight jerk. Just to see if my idea will work, more than anything.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts