John Deere Gator Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't speak for Arzog, but my own machine has been running the diesel spring setup for about 4 years now. Zero problems. Runs amazing, and very quiet.

The initial engagement is a slight jerk, but it's really a non-issue. Although, I do plan to one day modify my weights a little more, to alleviate that slight jerk. Just to see if my idea will work, more than anything.
How do you plan to do that.? Take a little more off the weight?

·
Registered
171 Posts
How do you plan to do that.? Take a little more off the weight?
Exactly. I will take a certain amount off the heel of all 3 weights. Re-balance them, and see what happens. It'll work when I take off enough weight, I just won't know how much is enough until it's enough. haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
How
Exactly. I will take a certain amount off the heel of all 3 weights. Re-balance them, and see what happens. It'll work when I take off enough weight, I just won't know how much is enough until it's enough. haha
how much heavier are the 855 weight than stock. After you trimmed them to fit the first time around ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can share my experience and testing using 855d weights and springs. This setup provides a very harsh engagement when up and down shifting. There is a much better alternative with the Venom Performance Shift Kit.
Hi brad
I’ve tried a few times to get ahold of clutch dr but I don’t get a reply The one time he was out of town preparing for the storm. I’d like to get my order in I have removed the 855 weights and back to stock but it’s just not getting any better obviously. Thanjs

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
How

how much heavier are the 855 weight than stock. After you trimmed them to fit the first time around ?
Please remember the overall static weight is only part of the equation when dealing with this application. The location of the mass with respect to the pivot point is also important.

For those looking to tune the engagement curve, there are several online sites that speak to the weight, spring(s), helix relationship. A sticking clutch will contribute to jerkiness since the force to overcome friction is greater than the dynamic (sliding friction).

Hope everyone shares their tuning secrets once they are satisfied.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Hi brad
I’ve tried a few times to get ahold of clutch dr but I don’t get a reply The one time he was out of town preparing for the storm. I’d like to get my order in I have removed the 855 weights and back to stock but it’s just not getting any better obviously. Thanjs
Email sent, I believe we are back on track. Doc has been helping with disaster relief, thank you for your patience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Email sent, I believe we are back on track. Doc has been helping with disaster relief, thank you for your patience.
I sent my payment in to paypal was curios of any insight on a fix for sticking primary. And possibly a new spring for secondary. I would send another payment so could s as ll b shipped at once I don’t realize how much I use it till I can’t. 👍🐊

41 - 48 of 48 Posts