John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 835M is getting an intermittent Warning and Engine Light but no DTC codes are captured. I have had it into two different dealerships which has been a waste of time and money. Unlike my 825I - the engine fan in my 835M never runs even though it is driven on 20 miles of dirt roads on farm in very hot temperatures. I'm curious if anyone has had any issue with intermittent Warning and Engine lights which come on and off for maybe a couple of seconds. I'm also curious if anyone else has an 835 model and if they have noticed their engine fan not running even when it is very hot. I'm new to this forum even though I have owned some model of a gator for almost 30 years starting off with the 6 X 4 Gator.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What temperature in degrees C or F are you equating to hot?

Perhaps your machine (coolant) is not hitting the threshold of when the ecu should command the fan on. Does the fan work? Fuse?

The intermittent check lights could be anything and without the ability to see the data stream it is just guessing. It’s a bit surprising the codes weren’t stored in the ECU and I’m guessing the dealer couldn’t replicate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I just got it back from 2nd dealer today where I had them check the engine fan and temperature gauge and was assured they are working correctly. I have had the intermittent lights now for 2 months. Through trial and error - if I wash the engine with hose while it is cool - lights will not display until it gets dirty again. Also only time I have ever noticed the engine fan running is when I washed the engine once again while it is cold and the fan started running which I told the dealership. I had the switch in run to lift the bed but did not start engine. My guess is I have some sensor which may be bad and my first attempt will be to replace the temperature sensor since I ordered one today. I posted this thread just trying to see if anyone else has run into this issue.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
if washing is causing the issue I’d clean and ensure every electrical connection is conducting like it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
835m fan runs regularly. Especially sitting idling it will come on. Cycles on and off as nessesary it seems. If your fan never runs that is a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts