John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Gator XUV 835M
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone share a picture of the latch for the glass windshield on a newer 835m? I installed the John Deere glass windshield on my 2021 835m and everything seemed fine until we went to latch the windshield closed, the windshield won't close tightly - it doesn't seal against the ROPS. I can't seem to figure out why or what I've done wrong, I've rotated the latching block 180 degrees with no improvement. I've attached a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
IMG_0756.jpg
Open the latch and pull it in further and have the tang go over the outer piece. You see it's tapered and notched for that tang. The forward position is to let air in on warmer days.

·
Registered
2021 Gator XUV 835M
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 14667 Open the latch and pull it in further and have the tang go over the outer piece. You see it's tapered and notched for that tang. The forward position is to let air in on warmer days.
Thanks, that was it! It was just much harder to engage than I though it would be so I didn't want to force it.

Now on to the windshield wiper that seems to be missing a piece of a wiring harness that goes from the wiper to the rear harness and doesn't seem to have a connection in the dash for the switch. I ordered all of this from the dealer when I bought the Gator and they assured me that I was getting everything I needed to make it all work, so far I'm not impressed... It'll be fun to see what shows up with the winch kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts