John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am in the Uk and have a 835 m gator which is limited to 37mph. In the US they can do 48 plus mph. I recently purchased a ecu unit from American thinking that it was limiting it but wasn’t the problem
The gator flys up to 37 mph then the revs drop off I took the wire off going to the speedo and it went straight to 48 Mph cloughed by a car as the Speedo didn’t work. This makes me think it’s in the dash. Does anybody have any ideas 🤔

·
Registered
XUV835M
7 Posts
Switch it to kph, you'll be doing almost 60. Sorry, that really bites. You have the driver's seat belt buckled to get 37, I assume. Frustrating, I have dealt with similar problems land-speed racing a Honda motorcycle, but there was, luckily, aftermarket support available. Not much aftermarket to JD. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch it to kph, you'll be doing almost 60. Sorry, that really bites. You have the driver's seat belt buckled to get 37, I assume. Frustrating, I have dealt with similar problems land-speed racing a Honda motorcycle, but there was, luckily, aftermarket support available. Not much aftermarket to JD. Good luck!
👍

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
Are speed limiters required in the UK ?

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
I believe there is a ”speed limiting” collar in your primary clutch.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I believe there is a ”speed limiting” collar in your primary clutch.
That wouldn’t explain why disconnect wire from dash allowed it to go 48 as stated in 1st post. Then again maybe I misread.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wouldn’t explain why disconnect wire from dash allowed it to go 48 as stated in 1st post. Then again maybe I misread.
No you didn’t when I disconnect the wire under the tipping bed she went straight to 48mph but only goes for about 5 minutes before it throws up error on the dash and cuts power. Connected she revs out to 6000 then hits 37 mph and revs drop back to about 5000. Guy I was chatting to says it must b in the dash

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
No you didn’t when I disconnect the wire under the tipping bed she went straight to 48mph but only goes for about 5 minutes before it throws up error on the dash and cuts power. Connected she revs out to 6000 then hits 37 mph and revs drop back to about 5000. Guy I was chatting to says it must b in the dash
@T-bone Do you have a copy of the Technical Manual?

on edit: added shout out to the OP

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yes, for 855D.

If you do your own work and not a part swapper mechanic they are helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts