John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had anyone calculated the MPG of a Deere 835M?

If so what did you come up with?
I have a 2016 825i, so close but not identical. Recently I'm getting around 15mpg, using corn-free gas. That said, my clutch is on it's way back from Doc as we speak, so maybe the lower rpms and such will help with efficiency. Then again, I don't pay that much attention to the mpg. Well I didn't, until you started this thread. Damn it...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd expect the 835s to get around 3-4 mpg less than the 825s due to the nearly 600 pound weight increase. On the diesel side, my 855D Turbo gets 32 and the 865R around 30. When you think about it, the gas Gators use essentially the same Chery engine they used to put in the Geo Metro. There's a lot of mileage killing aspects to the Gators (air dynamics, tire friction, etc.) and they are inherently tough on street tires which equates to road friction. These machines are not particularly fuel efficient prospects when compared to a Prius.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The range of increase is due to extending the frame a bit and adding a heavier and larger cab. Everything behind the rear window is the same. My 865R is 600 pounds heavier than the 855D. I don't know if they add weight for all the bells/whistles, but I have about 100-200 pounds of that when you count to toolbox and bed extender. Since you don't have the full cab or AC, then I'd figure your weight gain is about 300 pounds. The JD build your own site would have whatever they list for it. I got the first Idaho plate after they raised the UTV weight limit from 2000 to 3000 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts