John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I have a 835M that sounds like the bendix is staying engaged after starting. It of course just went out of warranty. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,034 Posts
Good afternoon, I have a 835M that sounds like the bendix is staying engaged after starting. It of course just went out of warranty. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Has your Gator been in mud or water?

·
Super Moderator
3,034 Posts
I was curious if some debris might be hanging up the bendix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry im new to this site, I have a 2018 xuv 835m HVAC since October and the last few weeks when I am backing up or going forward while turning there is a loud clicking noise from the front end. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm sorry im new to this site, I have a 2018 xuv 835m HVAC since October and the last few weeks when I am backing up or going forward while turning there is a loud clicking noise from the front end. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
I suggest you start your own thread as it has nothing to do with the original post and likely not to get the desired response. After doing so, please delete this post to minimize confusion with the original post subject matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest you start your own thread as it has nothing to do with the original post and likely not to get the desired response. After doing so, please delete this post to minimize confusion with the original post subject matter.
could you tell me where I do that? I couldn't find where to start a new thread, but I will keep looking for it. thank you and sorry for any confusion and I will delete my posts from here.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
could you tell me where I do that? I couldn't find where to start a new thread, but I will keep looking for it. thank you and sorry for any confusion and I will delete my posts from here.

Select Forums near the top of the page and pick from the categories (General is a common one). Once there you should see Post New Thread. Perhaps the screen shot with the Forums circled in yellow and Post New Tread in red will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

Select Forums near the top of the page and pick from the categories (General is a common one). Once there you should see Post New Thread. Perhaps the screen shot with the Forums circled in yellow and Post New Tread in red will help.
thank you! I will delete this later today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It looks like if I take off the dust cover for the belt I can access the starter. Is that a correct guess ??
Had mine for 2 years now, and after a loooooooong winter storage (heated garage) mine starter did the same thing. Went away after a few days of use. In the meantime I went to youtube and briefly looked into how to remove the the starter, not a hard job IF you could get to it! Removing the cover is easy BUT in order to remove the starter, I think you gotta remove some coolant lines, which of course will leak and drain.....easy job made a nightmare for doing in your driveway. hope my starter lasts a long time!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
See this thread. I would stop use of unit pronto.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My starter on my 835 M has done the same thing since new. Now has 600 hours and it just recently became a once in awhile thing. Have not noticed any damage or performance problems as a result, but it surely sounds like the bendix is sticking. I just hope it is not stripping teeth on the flywheel.....??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts