John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 835R with an electrical issue. It began as a "won't start" issue, with the standard, just clicking sound. After turning off the ignition key and making a second attempt to start, it started. A couple days later, during a start attempt, everything was dead, nothing happened, not even a click. I turned off the ignition key and made a second attempt to start....no problem, it started. Each time this occurred (at least a dozen times), I had plenty of juice in the battery, lights, radio, everything. I took it to the dealer for repair and they couldn't find anything. They did a draw test, negative results and were not able to duplicate my problem. They did say however there may be a problem with the ignition switch as it appeared to have maybe failed once during their testing. They replaced the ignition switch and I brought the gator back home. Well, now it happened again, "no start". Then suddenly it started....but now in the "accessory position"....and without any vehicle foot or emergency break engaged, even while in gear. The "Stop" light on the dash is now also on. I again returned to the dealer and they replaced all relays under the front hood. Nothing corrected the problem. Dealer says they need to call JD for a possible solution. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer advises that JD is having an issue with corroded electrical pins, causing the malfunctions. Although cleaning these pins will correct the problem, that in itself will remove any original safety contact coating. Replacement is recommended by the dealership to curtail any further issues. Cleaned for now, and appropriate replacements on the way.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Glad to hear your issue has been temporarily fixed.

Sounds like JD knows there is a problem... Do you think JD will fix the issue, notify current customers and offer the fix for free (or at least at true cost)?

My guess is they will do nothing and be rewarded with increased revenue from their parts business.

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
Dealer advises that JD is having an issue with corroded electrical pins, causing the malfunctions. Although cleaning these pins will correct the problem, that in itself will remove any original safety contact coating. Replacement is recommended by the dealership to curtail any further issues. Cleaned for now, and appropriate replacements on the way.
Dielectric grease can easily be applied after you clean the contact, doing so should help with future corrosion.

Reactions: GrandpaRandy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear your issue has been temporarily fixed.

Sounds like JD knows there is a problem... Do you think JD will fix the issue, notify current customers and offer the fix for free (or at least at true cost)?

My guess is they will do nothing and be rewarded with increased revenue from their parts business.
Probably the latter as my dealership had to research the problem & remedy ............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts