John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2018 835r with about 600 hrs on it. The other day I was driving along and heard a loud hiss and a bunch of steam from the engine area. I stopped and noticed where the a/c lines come off the compressor they run right next to the exhaust manifold. The top a/c line off the compressor sits about 1 inch from exhaust. It melted all the protective heat shield foam off of it and melted all the way through the hose. There is also a wiring harness above the manifold that runs along the back of the cab and I noticed the sheath around the wiring is melted off there also. I took it to dealer because I have about 20 some days of warranty left we’ll have to see what they do to fix this problem. If I were you I would check that a/c line and maybe wrap it in heat shield of some sort.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rock."..I will check the lines on my 835 M tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
By the way, due to some significant heLth issues, I jst did the air intake conversion to my airbox last weekend. Pretty much just like you did. I used a tee inside the storage box instead of a 90, because I had one in my tool box. I did drill three 1/2” holes in the front panel to aid in air delivery. I installed a new filter. Went down my favorite gravel road today which would have totally plugged my filter before.. Now..not a trace of anything on the filter.
I want to thank you again for sending me your left over tubing. You are a gentleman sir.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anytime. It should work good for ya I’ve run the same filter for about 500 hrs now and it’s still clean.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the gator back from the dealer and the new a/c line had shinny heat shield around it. I bought some adhesive firewall material and put it over the wiring harness above the manifold that was melting and I wrapped some around the big wiring harness below the a/c line that was pretty well melted also. Oh and I removed the shields around the manifold and down pipe to do this work and one of the bolts were the downpipe hooks to the manifold was very loose. Just some stuff for 835 owners to check out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts